I've had my cell phone for about five years, and I still get excited every time I hear that familiar ringtone. Expected or unexpected, it's a blessing to hear from somebody you care about. Even a text message is enough to leave me happy for hours, which is ironic since I used to relentlessly make fun of my younger sister for her obsessive text habits. Yet when I hear that short, high "ding" signaling I've received a message....well, let's' just say I'm thrilled:) But then those who know me well know that it takes very little to thrill me. Self check-outs are a perfect example of this.
Along with really good Sarah time, there were a handful of phone calls which left my heart feeling full...in the best way. Full from honest, encouraging talks with friends. Full from laughter and sharing in peoples' joys. Hearing Bekah's excitment about her newly painted citrus green bathroom....laughing hysterically with Kristi about her humorous weekend encounters at the "hippie bar." Conversations which made me feel like I was right there with them...even though I wasn't. Those are the talks which leave me feeling more connected than ever.... Then there is the nightly chat with Dennis, which typically comes between 9:30-10:30 and is certain to be a good time...even if we are halfway asleep. I like the comfort of having my eyes closed with no words, the phone resting on my ear:)
So thank you all, near and far, for leaving my heart full....
No comments:
Post a Comment