9.26.2007

Back on Paper

Do you ever feel distanced from the people and things you love the most, and you feel a huge pice of yourself missing as a result? That's kinda how writing is for me. It's the outlet in which I feel the most free to be who I am, and there's something that feels complete when it's been expressed on paper. Now, no promises...because as you can all see, it's been an entire year since I've last posted...and I don't want to get your hopes up. But accept this meager attempt to pick up my pen (or laptop), or at least humor me:)


I won't attempt to sum up an entire year. But for those who know me well, you know it's been a year filled with mountain tops, valleys, and sharp turns every now and again. First there was grad school, which is what initially brought me to Chicago, and then there was no grad school (and no employment for a month or so). Then came an amazing opportunity to serve full-time with a ministry in the city; an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. Followed by a season of deliberation in which I finally decided to return to grad school, although a different school than where I began. Is this making sense so far? In the mix of this adventure was three apartments, three roommates, and a storage space filled to the brim:) Yet I am finally "settled," which in renters' language translates to "until my lease is up."


So for those who haven't lost all hope, continue to check back in. I plan on re-connecting with one of my greatest passions and would love to share it with you... Sleep tight, friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

emery! yay. glad to see you doing what you love (not that you're not often doing what you love...) shoot. welcome back friend. looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts, ramblings, stories, and life. and quizas we'll see each other soon... later gater...