7.24.2008

1.3.09

Save the Date: T minus 162 days Denny and I will be tying the knot! When we got engaged, I knew wedding planning would be a lot of work, but I was not prepared for the craziness that has unfolded since the ring hit my finger. I'm convinced that when it comes to booking a church and a reception hall, there is no good month to get married. But with a little resourcefulness and perseverance, we secured these two things and nailed down a day--and we are excited!

It's amazing how something in a relationship just changes when you get engaged; I can't quite put words to it, but it's good. Regardless of how secure two people feel in a dating relationship, it seems that there is still an element of uncertainty, wondering, and questioning. Denny said that when he proposed, my laughter was more alive than he had ever heard. I guess that difference comes from within. I'm excited to laugh with Dennis in these months and years to come. And I think there will be lots of laughter on our wedding day--how could there not be? If it's anything like the day we got engaged (picture us, on a sailboat, in pouring rain, against crashing waves, with blue ponchos on), then it's sure to be humorous:)

If you will, keep us in your prayers during this season. Pray that it be a time of growth, unity, and pure joy. And pray that we keep our eyes fixed on the days after, as I can see how it's easy to devote much of my energy to the wedding itself. Yippee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I will pray-

Love you so much!

Peter and Bethany said...

I can't wait to talk to you and get all the details... one week!

Mandii said...

january 3rd! yay! I'm sad I found out via blog... I think that means we need to hang out asap. So glad you guys found the perfect date. I can't wait to hear all about it.