Last night Dennis and I were at a restaurant and there was a table of five women, about our age, sitting around talking over a bottle of wine. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ending my day over a glass of wine and dessert with Denny. Yet there is something about women coming together that is unique and set apart. They made me think about my own girlfriends and the cherished times I have with them; how much fun it is to talk endlessly and laugh freely with one another.
I thought about that fun group of women tonight as I sat with my small group girls outside of Panera. Well, we started at Borders, but after closing Borders down we made our way to Panera which we were also shooed away from later. It was just a wonderful night that left me (and I hope the others) feeling refreshed and encouraged. Whether we're talking about the Lord, our jobs, the men in our life, kitchen renovations, or Kristin's two black eyes (hehe), there is much I learn about myself and them. Perhaps the thing that makes our group so special is that we are each strikingly different; the way we each process, learn, love, and experience life is distinct. But it's incredible to see how God took five winding paths and wove them together in His name.
With that said, go grab your best girls and a bottle of wine (or coffee, if you prefer) and end a summer evening talking until your mouth goes dry...
3 comments:
love this post...and the song itself Em. I could feel the emotion you wrote of shared over salty chips at Chillis & 5:00 DC dinners
i meme'd you, friend.
hope you're well. i'll email soon :)
well then.. let's go! What kind of beer would you like? :)
Post a Comment