For the past three weeks Dennis has been away for work. I knew it would be challenging, especially during our engagement, but I forgot how hard it can be to communicate nearly a month of life over the phone. There is so much that goes into a single day, and I forget how much can be shared through a simple hug. Needless to say, the long-distance dating was taking a toll by the end of the week.
So, being the creative man that Dennis is, he suggested we go on a date last night...long-distance style. We ordered take-out (me: turkey panini; Dennis: Pizza Hut), got dessert (me: pint of Ben & Jerry's; Dennis: Maggie Moo's), and watched "What Happens in Vegas" simultaneously from the comfort of our own homes (hotel room for Dennis). All the while, we had one another on speaker phone so it was if the other person was actually there. Because we're always that couple who talks throughout movies and church services, it felt surprisingly normal to be talking on our cell phones throughout the entire movie:)
Although our date didn't amount to the real thing, it made a positive difference after sporadic phone calls here and there. And who doesn't enjoy watching a movie over ice cream in their sweats?!
5 comments:
emily! this post made me SO happy on multiple levels and not just the ice cream part. I love that you have someone who loves you so specifically that he knows when you need "time with him". How fun and what a great memory to have!
too cute!
Yes please!! And our next date will be sweet face time!
What a great idea! I love it!
I seriously got tears in my eyes reading this. SO sweet!
Post a Comment