2.15.2009

Valentine's Extravaganza

This weekend has been a Valentine's Marathon! Dennis and I both planned one evening for eachother and had a lot of fun doing it. I came home on Friday evening to this sign on the door which read,

"Welcome to Amor! Please ring the bell to be escorted to your powder room. And we are pleased to welcome you as our special guest!" Of course I was in such anticipation that I walked right through the front door not even thinking:)


Rose petals leading up to the front door of our apartment...

My outfit awaiting me


Even the toilet was decorated! It's hard to see, but the candles are lit.

All ready with my personal chef and host!

The entire apartment was decorated with candles and rose petals-it looked amazing.

Kiss the cook!

Mmmmm....fresh asparagus and warm bread.
Our table for two.

Oh, but the fun did not stop! Saturday was my day to surprise Dennis. We started with brunch at Rockit downtown, followed by shopping with some last-minute wedding gift money we had received in the mail. It was such a blessing to treat ourselves all day! After shopping we checked into the Palmer House (this is the part where all does NOT go according to plan; the hotel was 100% booked so we were relegated to a room with two double beds) followed by an amazing dinner at Carnivale. Although the hotel, dining, and shopping were much enjoyed, it was the fellowship and conversation we were able to share that truly made the day special.

Here is one snapshot we were able to get last night at Carnivale; the restaurant was incredibly creative and had a really unique ambience. If ever in Chicago, I would highly recommend it:)
I am so grateful for my hubby and the love and attention he puts into our relationship each day. Weekends like this are so energizing for us as a couple, and we were thankful to be able to what we did. I hope your Valentine's Day was unique and special in its own way.

2 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

Emily! this is all so wonderful, what a sweet husband!! You look hot on your date night out and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the weekend when we talk on the phone THIS WEEK.

amanda said...

Umm ok.. LOVE IT. is Amore taking reservations for next weekend? Because it totally looks like our type of place. Romantic and cozy and the waitstaff looks really nice! :)