4.01.2009

Fast Food Progressive Dinner

Yesterday I woke up not feeling 100% and, after a bit of thought and a lot of justification, decided to take a sick day. Granted, I didn't feel great, but I felt good enough to enjoy a day off from work:) I called my bestie (who was legitimately sick at home) for our weekly catch-up, rented 'Marley & Me', and lounged on the sofa all day while my hubby worked next to me. It was a beautiful, guilt-free day of relaxation.

Around 5pm we reached the executive decision that neither one of us felt like cooking and that a nutritious fast food dinner sounded like the perfect plan. We debated between Wendy's, McDonald's, and Burger King as they all have their specialities. And then it hit me: Why not get our favorites from each? Fries from the golden arch, whoppers from BK, and a frosty from Wendy's; the ultimate progressive dinner! So that's exactly what we did; stopped at three drive-through windows and ate along the way (gosh, that even sounds gross as I type it). I'm not going to lie, it was very tasty...although I'm not so sure it was the best choice of food on my sick day.

My next progressive dinner...Mexican style. Burritos from Chipotle, chips & guacamole from Stanley's, and a margarita from....I'll have to think about that one:)

1 comment:

Rebekah Wallace said...

ooh too many comments for this space. first of all, I love your new blog design & think it is very "YOU". Second of all, I want to be part of the progressive Mexican dinner. El Yummo. I love that you guys did that, what an easy (& economic) way to do a progressive 3 course dinner. I think my ideal would include the following: PANERA PANERA PANERA. oh, do I have a problem?!