4.04.2009

New Wheels...and I'm not talking about a car.


After almost three years of talking, test-riding, and talking some more, I finally took the plunge that nearly every Chicago resident must take at one point or another: I purchased my very own bicycle. In complete honesty, the thought of riding my bike inches from motor vehicles flying by freaks me out a bit...ok, a lot. But, with the warm weather approaching, I'm going to start slow by practicing my moves on the side streets and lakefront trails.

Aside from my bicycle adventures, we've had a great weekend so far. God has taken a plan-free weekend and blessed us with amazing fellowship. I (we) are so thankful for the ways God shows love for us through people who love Him. And in less than one week, we fly out to Phoenix to spend Easter with my family!! I am in great anticipation of time with the entire gang, including a hike on Friday morning, multiple trips to the pool with Zoe (say no more), and relaxing amidst sunshine.

Speaking of Zoe, here is the new suit I bought her yesterday at Target-I cannot WAIT to see her in it :)

3 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

yippee skippie! Remember when Ryan rode your Mom's wheels around the neighborhood in AZ?! Glad you got your bike. And already anticipating pictures of Zoe-Monster in that polka dot wonder.

Mandii said...

love the bike! Just promise me you'll wear a helmet. I want to get a bike with a little baby carrier thing on the back.. then we should cruise around Chi together! Miss you my friend... let's get together soon!

ellen said...

YAY you got a bike! im so excited for you.. glad you found one that you liked!!! ps just got your card today when i got home from nc thank you so much! i love you--wish i was going to be in az with you all!