5.09.2009

City Living Space

To preface this post, a few months ago I came across a blog, Kelly's Korner, through my friend Rachel's blog. For the past couple of weeks, bloggers have been showcasing various living spaces throughout their homes on Kelly's blog, and this week is living/family rooms. Bekah nudged me to post our living room, despite its modest shoe-box size (550 sq. feet to be exact). Yet it seems like the perfect time to reflect on the details of our home, as we will be moving in a couple of weeks from the first place we lived in together as a married couple. Needless to say, every nook and cranny holds a special place in my heart. Trust me, it took many long hours and coats of paints (thanks, hubby) to beautify this truly vintage city apartment:)

This is the view from our kitchen/front door/bathroom/etc:) My #1 favorite part of our home is the sunlight that comes through the front windows and floods every room in the apartment.
View from the dining room/living room/bedroom...you get the point:)
When Dennis (aka the hubs) moved in last March, this antique TV cabinet/buffet was already here (Apparently too cumbersome to move anywhere else). It has turned out to be one of our favorite furniture pieces and one that will definitely come with us (although I'd prefer the left door to be re-attached) :)
When you live in tight city quarters, every inch of space counts. These storage ottomans serve multiple purposes including: footrest, dinner tray, book storage, desk, etc. Along with our sofa, these were one of our first purchases.
Welcome to our guest room. This sofa doubles as seating and a very uncomfortable bed for guests (and believe me, we have LOTS of them). Surprisingly, people have no qualms about staying on a pull-out. The sofa is very comfy though.

I'm not sure what you would call these-wall plaques, I suppose? Regardless, I LOVE them. If I were to think of one thing that makes me feel like I'm living in an adult's home, it would be these. Something about them just screams "grown-up" to me (I've been in school for way too long).
Classic piece from Pottery Barn circa 1997. As you can see, we use it as a magazine rack, but the possibilities are truly endless.

1 comment:

Peter and Bethany said...

Your home is so cute, cozy, and city chic!