6.16.2009

Feasting

Last Tuesday night, myself and the three women I fellowship with each week gathered together to share our stories; or, to put it as Dan Allender does in his book "To Be Told", to feast upon one another's stories. Jolene, Katy, Kristin, and I have spent the last three months reading and reflecting on the importance of not only writing our stories, but telling our stories as a testament of God's work in our lives...and allowing the community we share our stories with to provide edits that will further guide us in the themes that have already been written. We shared stories of joy, heartache, reconciliation, healing, and pain; stories that revealed God's divine fingerprints on each of our lives. It was powerful to see the overlapping themes that were woven through each of our stories and the unique themes that no other woman shared.


And, as a prelude to our stories, we fittingly dined at Feast...and FEAST we did! We feasted on curried chicken quesadillas and mac n' cheese (to start) followed by butternut squash ravioli, halibut, and marinated steak salad...with a glass of Zinfandel and brownie sundae of course:) It was a cherished time that I will always remember, made bittersweet by Kristin's farewell before moving to D.C.

Have you ever stopped to write out the amazing story that is being written for you? Where have you come from? Where are you at? Where are you going? If you can't answer all of those questions, that's ok. But I feel confident that once you pick up your pen (or laptop), you may find that there's more to your story than you even imagined.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Ems,

Thanks for sharing the joy that it has brought you to articulate your story on paper and with friends. The best part of my story is when it intersected with yours!

Rachel said...

I've been thinking about doing this... Thanks for the encouragement. And I love Dennis's comment. :)

Rebekah Wallace said...

emmy. I love the process that you have been going through with your girls and the pieces you have shared with me. You are so right, there is so much value in sharing the narratives of God's hand with one another. Thankful that the part of your story that included a bus ride brought you to these Godly women.