6.15.2010

Summer Tidbits

A LOT of life has happened the past couple of months so to spare you from the long-winded novel that could be written, I will update through some pictures and a spattering of words throughout.

May 7th: Completely unexpected, God-ordained job interview at World Relief...4 days later I accept a new position as a Youth Program Coordinator and finish out my last two weeks at my current job.


May 27th-30th: Vacation! We decide to make the most of my time between jobs and drive north to Door County, Wisconsin for a few days of fun in the sun (a little too much sun as seen by 2 burnt noses:)





June 1st: First day on the job. 2 weeks later and I can safely say I am back in my element among refugees. They fill my heart with gladness and teach me new things each day.

June 6th: This sweet girl moves in for a few weeks while she raises support to go overseas in August. We are loving her company and seeing God move in her life.


Things we are looking forward to in the months ahead:

-Meeting our new niece or nephew! Dennis' sister Melissa is due early next month with their first child.
-Visit to the Paul family in Indianapolis next weekend. Plans include tickets to go see "Jersey Boys"
-My 27th Birthday!
-Housewarming Party?? Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Dennis said...

It's soo good to see you writing again! More please!!

mandii said...

I agree with Dennis!! Love reading about your fun summer (and it's only june, that's a good sign).

Christa said...

I found a link to your blog on another blog :) I liked checking out your pictures of Door County. My husband's aunt recently moved there and we would love to visit!