san·guine: -adjective 1. cheerfully optimistic, hopeful, or confident
Dennis and I have taken a few personality tests over the years and let's just say, opposites attract:) At least that's what we like to tell each other when he gets pegged as "sanguine" and I get stuck with "melancholy." My husband is the poster child for this personality type:Sociable, spirited, optimistic, cheerful, inspiring, repetitious, forgetful, talkative, spontaneous, etc.
I, on the other hand, would be described (in part) as: analytical, sensitive, detailed, introvert, skeptical...I'll stop there.
As you can imagine, our two personalities have made for a very eventful journey. And just as "iron sharpens iron," nobody sharpens me more than Dennis. Not only does he balance my skepticism with optimism and give me confidence in a roomful of strangers, but he somehow knows when to challenge me upward when my criticism runs too deep and my introversion is about something much bigger. I think that's called sanctification:)
Dennis, I've told you many times and I'll tell you again: You are the person that the Lord knew I needed in order to embrace life more fully. I admire the lens through which you see others, and I am thankful that you invite me to look through that lens each day with you. Happy 30th, my sanguine husband. You are a perfect match for this melancholy girl.
2 comments:
so sweet this tribute week!
Post a Comment