1.20.2011

Twice As Good

On January 3rd, Mr. Wheeler and I celebrated two years of marriage.  Two years!!  We were blessed to spend a week in Costa Rica for our anniversary and returned to life in the city feeling re-connected and refreshed.


As I was thinking about what to write that could best capture this second year of marriage, Sara Grove's song, "Twice As Good" came to mind.  Her words are perfect and, like so many of her songs, spoke my heart.

When I am down and need to cry till morning,
I know just where I am going.
When I'm in need of sweet commiseration
To speak out loud.
Raise a glass to friendship
And to knowing you don't have to go alone.
We'll raise our hearts to share each other's burdens
On this road.

Every burden I have carried,

Every joy, it's understood.
Life with you is half as hard,
And twice as good.


With my good news you're dancing on the table

Baby's born, to celebration.
The joy of life, oh what a sweet communion,
Shared with you. 

I know we're growing older,
Can you imagine what that will bring?
It's all a mystery to me now,
Except this one thing-
It'll be half as hard, and twice as good.

2 comments:

Blomgrens said...

That's beautiful! Congrats on two years :)

Rebekah Wallace said...

how does Sara Groves always capture it so well?! Congratulations on another year Emily & Dennis!