5.25.2006

chim·i·chan·ga (chĭm'ē-chäng'gə)

n. a deep fried burrito.

It's as simple and delicious as that. A burrito in all its natural goodness, deep friend to perfection. You can imagine as I laid in bed last night, so full I could have keeled over...that I was pretty happy. And those who know me and my infinite love for Mexican food know this cuisine never gets old...ever. Comida de Mexicana (had to throw in that bit of Portuguese) is an experience. Not only the main course, but the unending supply of warm tortilla chips and salsa they provide you. How could you not choose Mexican food when deciding where to dine? On top of warm chips, fresh salsa, and a chimichanga stuffed with spicy chicken, I got to wash it all down with a lime-filled Corona (I mention the lime because Corona is not Corona without lime).

Some people tend to focus on one course at a time. I, on the other hand, prefer to rotate between all parts of the meal....chips-burrito-corona-rice-chips-corona-burrito-chips-beans. I'll be honest when I admit I was even eating the shredded lettuce mixed with sour cream (I know, very sad). So that was my dining experience, which was so good I had to re-live it with you. And on top of that, I got to share it with a good friend...the dearest of friends. Mexican food and good conversation with Sarah-doesn't get better than that:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! I love it!! But you're right - life doesn't get much better. I was just telling a friend about our gourmet eating experience last night. YUMMY!!! Mauh. Sarah