5.01.2006

It's official...

Who knew choosing a template could be so hard? You can only imagine how difficult real-life decisions (let's say...grad school) are for me. Should I go with a polka dot background or stick with the simple black? Is that font more thought-provoking or should I go with the Times New Roman? These are perfect examples of the thoughts which infiltrate my mind each day...

I've been pondering the idea of my own blog for months now. Afterall, I have no ties to Facebook, MySpace, or anything more advanced than Microsoft Outlook. I enjoy the daily musings of friends all over the world, and seeing as it becomes harder and harder to keep up with peoples' lives, it seemed like a good move. My breaking point came at 1:23 pm today; the beginning of fourth period during which I begin to wonder how I will spend the next 1 hr. and 42 min. at Carmel High. For those of you who may not know what I do at Carmel H.S., I will briefly fill you in...

I am an "Instructional Assistant." Doesn't that title just sound professional? Reading it would definitely cause me to assume this is a job which requires a college degree. No, my friends...don't be fooled. My hourly wage is not bringing me any closer to financial stability. Yet my days are filled with many smiles and priceless comments from students with developmental and learning disabilities...students who speak more truth in a few words or a genuine hug than I ever will with a college degree. They get something I will never get, and they don't even know that. Forgiveness, grace, humility....they are my teachers in life's most difficult lessons.

Alright...I don't want to get too deep. It is only my first posting and I don't want to prematurely impress you... It could be another month before you hear from me:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have chosen well, my friend
the font is (yes!) provocative and thoughtful
and who knew polka dots could induce such joy?

and it's nice to hear you're working, and i'm glad you're helping students who need it. it's nice to know they'll be in good hands.

ok, talk to you later

drew

laura said...

oh new blogs! you will love the blogging world, i assure you.... plus, it's handy when you're, say, overseas? hehe.

so i had this template first and for some reason couldn't figure out how to add links to it, and that's why i switched. i might just be a dumbie, but i couldn't get it. hope you have better luck. i look forward to blogstalking you! beijos. :)