"You're free to dance-
Forget about your two left feet
And you're free to sing-even joyful noise is music to Me
And you're free to love,
'Cause I've given you My love and it's made you free
I have set you free!"
-Ginny Owens
During second period, I help with a math class for students with disabilities. Today's lesson was in counting money, and what better way to learn about money than play Money BINGO?? I was given the greatest privilege of reading off numbers under one condition- every person that won must do a victory dance for the class:) Becky was our first big winner, and right after she exclaimed, "Bingo!" she rushed to the front of the classroom and well, let's just say Becky shook her tail feathers. Kyle was next, and wanted to put on such a great performance that he stretched first before he showed us his moves. After much stretching and thoughtful consideration, he "walked like an Egyptian." I only wish every person in that school could have seen the joy and freedom these students danced with...I only wish that I could stand before my peers and dance with the same freedom I saw in Becky and Kyle.
"You're free to dance," shouts our Father! Forget about any insecurity or insufficiency and dance before Me! I have set you free, so lay every hindrance aside and move your feet! Oh, friends, let's walk in that freedom today....let's dance, sing, and love recklessly...because He's given us His love and it's made us free...
1 comment:
Can I tell you how happy you make me when I read about your life? Em, you should have done your own victory dance with your students--you have a couple of moves unlike any I've ever seen (aka the bounce, sweeper). Combine your flashy dance moves with your rap-opera and we have a winner! Um...I love your life and perceptions and reflections on every day simple interactions with others. I love you! See you in 8 hours!!!!!!!
Post a Comment