5.09.2006

Ancient Mariner


Back to alarm clocks, work, and waking up without the mountains all around me. Yet I type these words feeling refreshed after four incredible days with my dear friend, Kristi. More than wanting to see her, I wanted to share in life with her again...like the old days at TU...when we used to fall asleep each night talking. And I feel like we did just that. I realize after weekends like this how rare it is to have people in our life that know us well...people that we can connect with instantly after being apart for months...people who know where you're at without having to even say.

I have to admit, I didn't entirely understand what the big draw was to Colorado. But then I woke up this morning on perfectly flat land with an awesome view of my neighbor's front yard, and I was reminded why people flock in that direction. I think the air is even cleaner there--ok, maybe I'm feeling just a little too refreshed after my mini vacation:) But really, you can't visit a place like Colorado Springs and not leave knowing you caught a huge glimpse of God's creativity.

I have no explanation for the face I'm making other than craziness...sheer craziness.

So here I am back in Indianapolis, far from friends all over the world....yet feeling peaceful because we're each where God has planted us for this season. And even though I'm a four hour plane ride (8 hours with delays), from Kristi, I am confident that not even geography can separate the closest of friends...

p.s.--in order not to drop any inside jokes, the title "Ancient Mariner" was inspired by a local bar in Manitou Springs that I had the pleasure of visiting....if you want to hear any stories about this establishment, just ask me. I'd love to share...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my sweet, are precious and so close to my heart. I loved this blog and it makes me burst with happiness to read about your time here and the refreshment it brought you. I stinkin' love you more than life itself. And I MEAN THAT!

Anonymous said...

Nice writings my daughter--again!! I'm happy that you're happy Em. I love you--Mom