
This picture was taken on my birthday after one of the most amazing meals of my life at a Brazilian restaurant downtown...amazing for several reasons. 1) I was transported back to the wonderful city of Rio de Janeiro where every meal is one big BBQ 2) I left feeling so full of filet mignon, garlic beef, and countless other meats I could only roll myself out the door 3) I was able to share this joyful occassion with Dennis who said, and I quote, "I feel like it's my birthday!" My day was perfect and not only was I able to celebrate the last twenty three years, but my new birth in Christ which happened exactly five years previous to this day.

The front of my apartment...so bright and sunny...I love it! The other day my roommate (Bethanie) and I I went to work painting the walls and I have to say it feels much more like home. The paint color is "wild honey" but we'd describe it as a golden yellow khaki (among other names)

I was trying to think of places in the apartment to capture and I like this little nook between the living room and the hallway where we keep all the books. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:)

This vertical photography best illustrates the "vintage" feel of the apartment. The original wood doors and floors which are everything but quiet as I walk across them. In terms of size, our apartment is longer than wider...if that makes any sense!
Other than getting moved in and celebrating my birthday, my younger sister Ellen was able to visit for a couple of days which was priceless. She is a true city girl at heart-she wanted to walk everywhere and take the train at any chance she could! We had a blast exploring the city and, as always, I was sad to see her go. Yet I don't think I'll have to beg too hard before she returns:)

One more month filled with no job, visits from friends (Beks and Kristi!) and weekend trips before the crazy academic year begins. I'm nervious, I admit, but so excited to embark on this new adventure and learn countless lessons from those I come to know.
1 comment:
YEAH!! I feel a bit more connected to you. (Thanks for updating the blog) Sounds like la vida is great for you!! Very cool. Miss you lots, but wishing you the very best and praying for you, too.:) Blessings my dear friend, Sarah
Post a Comment