8.10.2006

Gentrification with Justice

I love when I'm googling for one thing and I come across something completely different...something completely wonderful that I wasn't looking for in the first place. The other night I was searching for Matthew Perryman Jones lyrics (which are difficult to come across by the way). Well, interestingly enough, there is another sing/songwriter by the name of Matthew Smith who writes about very cool things on his blog and is somehow musically connected to Matthew P. Jones. I came across one of his postings, "Gentrication with Justice," inspired by an article written by Bob Lupton. It's just good! And as I prepare to move to the urban setting, it was helpful to begin to think through one of the huge issues which is sure to impact the people around me. If you are interested in community development type issues, live in the city, or simply like reading about social issues you should check it out...

No comments: