9.14.2008

A Time to Dance...

A little over three years ago, it seemed like many of my closest friends were experiencing a season of pure celebration; not simply because they were getting married, but because they were on the brink of a new season in their life. I can remember talking to my bestest on the phone while I was finishing at Taylor and she was back home in Michigan and reflecting on the sheer joy this unique chapter held for her. Although we were headed down different paths at the time, it was so special to celebrate with and for her.

Another dear friend of mine and her husband bought their first home together this week. Once again, I was was reminded how special it is to celebrate with those who are celebrating; to share in others' joy. As we walked through their home and measured each room, I was filled with pure happiness for them and I felt thankful to be a part of this season.

And here Dennis and I are, less than four months away from our own wedding, feeling more loved and celebrated than ever. I always go back to the chapter in Ecclesiastes that talks about different seasons in life, and although this period of engagement is filled with unique challenges, it has felt like our "time to dance." This afternoon we ventured around the city with our photographer for an engagement shoot. It was an absolute blast-smiles, laughter, and just being us (in front of a camera, which my Dennis LOVES!) Yet, more than the pictures themself, it was another moment of celebration...

I forget where I was going with this post...mainly wanting to reflect on how good it is to celebrate and be celebrated...and how the two go together so beautifully.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful they are... Thank you Emily for the reflection and celebration of good friends and blessed times in life.

Mandii said...

Well the two of you certainly have a lot to celebrate!! I know you are missing him right now and I can't wait to see you Thurs. night. Love you lady!!

Anonymous said...

We're dancing with you in this season! It indeed is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was from Shell & Dan ;)