12.14.2008

Dance lessons, Emergency rooms, & Tow trucks

If our marriage is going to be anything like our engagment, Dennis and I are in for a CRAZY ride (and I mean that in the best possible way) :) It seems like we have experienced a lot of fun, change, and trials in the last six months, and some days all we can do is laugh....because there is no way we can explain it! This past week started out like most others. On Wednesday evening we had our weekly dance lesson with the amazing Jenna and were so excited to see that we are, in fact, improving (it was a rocky start). Dancing was followed by a trip to our favorite neighborhood pub filled with great conversation. Later on, around midnight, Dennis started feeling chest pains and went to see the doctor the next morning. To make a REALLY long story short, he ended up being admitted overnight and hooked up to a dozen heart monitors for 24 hours. But the story does not stop there...

After I left the hospital Thursday night, I was going to drive his car back to my place, since he never ended up going home. But as I turned the corner, there was no car to be found. Yes, it's true, Denny's car was towed to the bowels of Chicago-the city pound. To make another really long story short, we spent the first part of Friday night underneath the city of Chicago paying obsene amounts of money to retrieve his innocent Taurus. It was an unpleasant experience all around yet, once again, all we could do was laugh.

All of this gave way to a truly enjoyable weekend with friends. MOST importantly, Dennis is feeling well. And we are praying for a much less eventful three weeks leading up to our big day...

3 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

oh emmy. always an adventure huh? I am so thankful that Dennis is doing well and that the car drama was the worst of it. 3 weeks!

Rachel said...

I'm sure glad some people have some excitment in their lives. Mine seems to be a snoozefest these days!
Praying for a calm, smooth 3 weeks! I'm so excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a tangled web we weave! Life is so funny with the things we face some days.