Friends, we are in need of your prayers this week as both of us are experiencing a serious case of urban blues. It started on Monday morning when Dennis went to leave for work and found his passenger side window smashed in and every content strewn about (including the intruder's blood...ewwwww). We were discouraged, yet positive, realizing that much worse could have happened. And so we carried on with our week...
Then, after a very refreshing run at the gym, I stepped off my treadmill only to realize 30 seconds later that I forgot my ipod in the treadmill's cup holder. I quickly turned around to find the cup holder empty and the ipod (gasp) stolen. Internally, I was thinking "Really? All in one week? What's going on Lord? If You want to teach me a lesson and refine my character, you can at least space out the theft incidents a week apart..." I know...it sounds completely silly...but in the moment, those were the thoughts going through my mind.
I'd say 8 out of 10 days I genuinely enjoy being a city dweller. Today fell into the other category; the "I just want to live in an easy, simple, honest suburb" category (because isn't it a fact nothing bad bad happens in the burbs...ever? COMPLETELY being facetious). Basically I was/am just feeling down on the city and would covet your prayers this week....prayers to restore my faith in a city that, deep down, I/we call home.
3 comments:
ugh.... What a bummer. I thought I lost my iPod the other week, and I was not a happy camper. Thankfully it turned up, but most of the important things I've lost haven't. I know how that feels.
Praying for your blues, friend. Come visit me for a weekend and you'll be madly in love with the city again! ;)
praying. love your city & love you guys. Wish it would be a little nicer to you though.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! why are people creepies? keep going to the gym and buff up those arms and people will leave you alone. I'm sorry sweetie.
Post a Comment