
I can't even put into words how much this BEAUTIFUL day has refreshed me. It is, hands down, the most glorious day Chicago has seen this spring. When I woke up this morning, the sun flooded our entire apartment and I had an instant burst of energy. To illustrate this point, it was one of few morning that I did not make a bee line to the coffee pot:) Ahhh...God shows us His abundant love through something as simple as the sunshine. Thank you, Lord.
And, as if this day could get any better, I didn't have to go into the office today! I was able to do some work from my laptop, run a short errand (with the sun roof open), and enjoy an outdoor lunch w/ my love. As we biked back to our apartment after dining out, I was telling Dennis how a day like this causes me to fall completely, head-over-heels in love with the city. It was one of those perfect afternoons that I wanted to freeze in time.
Once the sun sets, we are headed to an event that will celebrate 20 years of welcoming new refugees to Chicago. Exodus World Service is a local ministry that links volunteers with refugee families as they acclimate to life in a new country. I'm not personally a volunteer with their ministry, but have learned about it through my work with refugees.
Last but not least, Suz & Kyle (minus baby Rowan) arrive tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with us for the first time since our wedding. We are so excited to have time with them and thankful that they are able to get away.
Looking forward to a weekend of soul refreshment...be sure and get outside if you haven't already!
No comments:
Post a Comment