7.13.2009

Bottle them up...

This weekend was one of those that I wanted to bottle up and hold onto forever. Weekends are always nice, but the culmination of time with my hubby, beautiful Chicago weather, and great friends ranks in the top tier. Every day felt full to the brim with the perfect balance of play and relaxation.
Friday evening we had new friends, Aaron & Dusty, over for dinner-our first time hosting
(formally) in our new place. We feasted on salmon and sat around the dining room table for hours talking and playing a few rounds of speed scrabble. Dennis and I were thankful for the fellowship shared with new friends who have a beautiful heart for the city...

Saturday was an equally rich day, which started with an afternoon of shopping and lunch with my beloved Manders. This was followed by my very first Cubs game ever! I think I am the last Chicagoan standing that has not been to a Cubs game, which I believe is a right of passage for any resident. So with cheap beer in one hand and a hot dog in another, I watched the Cubs take on the Cardinals. Dennis and I ended the day with friends Jim and Jamie for dinner at one of our favorite local spots, Rockwell's.

And Sunday was a time to relax with eachother, so after church we packed up the beach towels and chairs and headed down to the beach. Ahhhh. I love those days where we smell of sunscreen and go out to eat in our sandy bathing suits after hours in the sun. Looking forward to more bottled up weekends this summer...

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Ooh, I would also like some bottled up coke to add to that weekend as I am reading your post. Well put Emmy!

Rebekah Wallace said...

so good, nothing like those summertime days! Let's upbottle these together come winter so we can spread the warmth to those months too. You looked so cute @ the game, I like that shirt!

amanda said...

So fun! I love the salmon story too. As always, thanks for your listening ear on Saturday. I'm so glad we were able to spend an afternoon together. Go Cubs, Go! :)