11.10.2009

Blind as bats

Not really:) But Dennis and I did go for an eye exam (the first one for us both in 10 years, mind you) and both walked out with a prescription for glasses. In fact, the doctor told us (former 20/20 groupies) that we had a nearly identical eyeglass prescription...almost as if we were brother and sister (yes, he did say that). We decided to bite the bullet and have an exam for a few reasons:

1. the monthly deduction for vision insurance taken from my paycheck that just goes down the drain
2. our technologically demanding jobs which require us to stare at a computer screen for hours upon hours each week
3. semi-regularly checking with one another for clarification of a road sign (Dennis more than me...just saying)

I wasn't sure if the doctor's recommendation would be eyewear, but I am sure of one thing--I was mistaking Q's for O's and N's for V's for the first time in my life. But we all know my blurry vision was well worth an opportunity to browse the trendy frames; you would have thought I was buying a new handbag.

Not even thinking there was a price tag attached to these accessories, I confidently chose the cutest pair of $300 frames, confidently thinking how great I would look sporting them. That was until my husband pulled me in the corner and suggested we might want to compare prices at a less-trendy establishment (which, naturally, I was opposed to). So instead I went for the less-expensive frames on the shelf that the sales girl had neglected to show me altogether...go figure. Dennis was happy...I was happy....and we had enough in the health savings account to cover what I had spent at Target on Christmas decorations this weekend (true story). Ah, marriage:)

5 comments:

Dennis said...

Yes Marriage! It puts cheap frames on our faces and keeps money in our pockets!!

Rebekah Wallace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebekah Wallace said...

waiting for pics of the frames...and the Christmas decor that was afforded as a result.

ellen said...

HAHAHA thats awesome.. def love this post--you old folks are getting old look at you matching glasses and all now cant wait to see these in person.. just think back to in 4th grade when u cheated on your eye test so you could get those awesome glasses that turned dark in the sun.. remember those? ya we were so cool back then! ha love it

Mandii said...

oh my gosh!!! can't wait to see you in glasses. How cute!