With thankful and overflowing hearts, we depart from LA this morning after a friend's wedding. A beautiful wedding-not because of the scenery or flowers (although those were beautiful) but because of two people, who love Jesus with tender hearts, made a commitment to one another before the Lord. That, my friends, was more BEAUTIFUL than I can put on paper. Dennis' and my heart were moved by the honor that was given to the Lord and the pure way that He was glorified through this couple's life. We felt privileged to be a part of their celebration and the beginning of their journey together as husband and wife. Luke, we love and cherish you as a dear friend and can't wait to grow a friendship with your new bride, Rebekah.
And on top of the wedding celebration itself, Dennis and I were revived by our three days spent with a community of believers who ooze over with love for the Lord. I take for granted the number of remarkable friends we have in our life who not only share our foundation in Christ, but friends who pray for us, with us, and hold us accountable to our calling. As I observed the group of men that Dennis lived in community with during his Taylor days, I was reminded of what a Godly man I married- a catch, really:) These men, individually and collectively, bless us beyond measure in the way they live their lives, love & serve their wives/children, and keep the same fervor and sense-of-humor as they had nearly a decade ago (to say these guys are funny would be an understatement).
What a gift we are given through being members of the Body. Thank you to our friends, near and far, who hold us accountable to a higher calling. We could not walk this journey without you and are grateful for the unique role each of you has in our life.
1 comment:
what a sweet post, from the friendly skies. You guys truly are blessed but also know that those of us who have you in our close knit circle are equally as blessed. love you em.
Post a Comment