3.04.2010

Pep in my step

What a WEEK it has been! The hubs and I closed on our first home on Monday (!!), the sun is shining brightly, I've had a 3-day work week, and we set out for Minneapolis tomorrow morning for a wedding celebration. I am feeling thankful and a little spoiled by God's love & favor this week.

Now that the keys are in hand, it is hard to stay away from our new home, even though it's completely empty and our voices echo. We can't wait to begin painting, making small repairs, and transforming the space into a perfect reflection of us. It's hard to believe after 2 1/2 months of waiting (& crying and growing impatient) that it's actually OURS. When we walked out of closing on Monday, I felt like I could take the deepest sigh of relief. It was a really sweet experience to share with Dennis after our first year of marriage, and symbolic of all the milestones we have achieved together over the last 5+ years.

We culminated closing day with a romantic fondue dinner here and spent our first night in sleeping bags on our new (& very hard) bedroom floor:) It was one of those memorable days we will always have tucked away; a memory I know we will share with our kiddos someday.

Onward to this new adventure of home ownership...and the continued planting of roots in the city we love...Chicago.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am so excited for you guys! Does this mean we'll get to see it when we are there in early April? I need some pictures, ASAP! Love you and congratulations!!!!!!

Ann said...

Congrats, Emily!! This is so exciting! What a fun memory of you two in your sleeping bags on the new bedroom floor. :)

mandii said...

YESSSSSSS!!!!!