Yesterday I called every Banana Republic within a 300 mile radius looking for this vest. I know, a little persistent. I had seen it online, but it wasn't available in my size, so I started the telephonic search in Chicago until I found it in my size somewhere in Michigan. Much to my dismay, it was not as affordable as the online price so I put it on hold to think about (and convince my hubby why I need to go over my monthly clothing allowance:) When I called back last night to pay for it, the clerk could not find the keys to the closet where all the held items were being stored. She apologized (and I half-kiddingly made her promise me it would be there in the morning:)
10:00 am this morning: purchase attempt #2. Store manager answers the phone and, after hearing about the instance last night, she offers to waive the shipping. She has already MADE MY DAY at this point. She gets my information, we chit chat about Chicago for a bit, she scans the bar code and says, "as of this morning, all the sale items are an extra 25% off" (!!!!) I am doing cartwheels in my office at this point. I know it's just a vest, but do you ever have those days when free shipping and 25% just gives you that boost in your week you were needing? It was one of those weeks for me. Striped racerback vest, I love you and cannot wait to wear you next week:)

3 comments:
you make me smile. you'd better post pictures of said vest once you get it and wear it! :)
Looking forward to some pictures of you in this vest steal! I LOVE sales and free anything!!!
caaauuuutteee!!
Post a Comment