Friday after work, my 2 sisters, BIL, and niece Zoe arrived from Indy for the weekend. It was a special time from start to finish, made even better by a day visit from my parents who were driving through Chicago on their way home.
After my family left on Sunday, we got to catch up with this new family of four down by Lake Michigan for a summertime stroll.
And because my hubby has a way of making me feel extra special, he surprised me with a hotel stay downtown and a boat tour along the Chicago River and Lake Michigan at sunset on Sunday evening.
Monday morning began with a long run by the lake and ended with a gourmet dinner at Salpicon-a perfect ending to a most special weekend.
I can't believe that 6 years ago, my then-crush (now husband!) was calling to wish me a Happy Birthday. Dennis, I am so grateful for you. Every birthday with you is even sweeter than the last.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139: 13-14
2 comments:
Zoe is so grown up!! That is killing me- where is the little toddler? She's so cute. And I love your birthday picture with Den- that is a framer for sure : ) looks like a beautiful day (week) of celebrations.
I'm pretty sure you had more great visitors for your birthday... or just because :)
Post a Comment