10.10.2010

Surprise!

If I have learned one thing after all these years...


This man of mine is not an easy one to surprise.

For the last five weeks, I have toiled, I have lied repeatedly, I have schemed, and I have doubted whether last night would actually go off, as they say, "without a hitch."

But I was determined to surprise my husband, the sanguine, with a celebration that not even he could have planned.  And with the help and sheer cleverness of a few special friends...

 I was able to make that happen.

And if I have learned one other thing, it is this: Nothing beats sharing the joy and excitement that Dennis feels when all of his favorite people are in one room.


Happy Birthday to a hubby that is hard to, but well worth surprising.  Six years, seven birthdays, each one better than the last... 


You are a husband and a friend to be celebrated.  Much love on your one and only 30th birthday.

1 comment:

amanda said...

you are the best party planner i know! will and i were talking about how even though most people didn't know one another, we all left feeling like we made new friends. i think that is a testament to you two and the relationships in your life. thanks for a great party and a lifelong friendship!