As you can probably tell, my blog got a much needed makeover. I won't go into the details of how long it took me to make these basic changes, but let's just say it's a good thing I'm a social worker and not a web designer:) I started my blog, Better on Paper, about five years ago after returning from four months in Brazil and moving home prior to graduate school. It came out of a need to process my time overseas while I was transitioning back to life in the U.S. and figuring out next steps.
Life has changed much during my five years in Chicago- graduate school, engagement, 5 apartments, first real job, MARRIAGE, and finding our 1st home on the second story of a tree-lined street. Chicago has become a city of 3 million where I run into neighbors at the store and friends while walking in the park. Not only has it become a home for us, but it has become a city where we feel called and invested for the long haul. Our hearts continue to be drawn to the beauty, the complexities, and the hurting that are found on these busy streets. This blog is a place to share some of those stories.
Thanks for coming along on these journeys. I hope you find bits of encouragement, humor, and joy.
1 comment:
love the updates Em! Keep the good stuff coming friend.
Post a Comment