This is one of many passages which have caused me to think from a book I'm reading, Becoming Myself. I was especially challenged by her words on forgiveness...
"I believe that very people grow up. Most people grow older, but growing up is challenging. Many people get older, honor their credit cards, matriculate into and graduate out of schools, get married and have children. They call that growing up, maturing. It's not. It is simply growing old...To grow up is to stop putting blame on parents. To grow up is to care not only about one's own self but about somebody else's, somebody yet to come. To grow up is to be in a constant state of forgiving..."
-Maya Angelou, Becoming Myself
2 comments:
Ohh Em, I have really missed you, and reading your blogs just gave me a glance at the past and I sure do miss those days, however I know the present and the future hold great things for you. I know you are growing UP into a wonderful woman of God. I am praying for you in all your endevours. May God bless you abundantly
P.S I left the last comment,I forgot to put my name on it.
Post a Comment