11.07.2006

I'm baaaaaack

I'm sure you all thought I'd given up after an entire month of not posting anything new. And as beautiful as Kelli's sweet face is, it is time for a change. Sadly, I don't have any pictures or fun things to look at, but I'll give you a quick update as there isn't anything terribly exciting to report. The last three weeks can be summed up with one word-Midterms! I can't quite decide what's better: a) studying for hours and taking an exam OR b) spending countless hours with an APA manual and articles strewn about writing 30 pages of modest knowledge? At this point, as I'm 25 pages in, I'm going to go with option A:) For those of you considering higher education, I challenge you to think hard as it's a very serious decision...

Don't be fooled, though-my life is more than one big midterm. I've had glimmers of sunshine the last month including a trip to Michigan to watch Dennis' sisters run the Detroit Marathon, a visit to the theater where I saw "The Pirate Queen," sharing meals with fun friends, discovering a wonderul little sandwich/coffee shop, and getting to know some great people in my program. God is sure to show His face, espeically when my cup feels like it's just about empty. And when I think it's me finding my way, I'm reminded that it is the Lord that orders my steps...

For the countless friends I have neglected this past month--my apologies. You are near and dear to my heart.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey friend - I totally understand. Less than 1 week till moving day!! I'm also strongly considering grad programs, do hurry and call me when you can, so you can talk me out of it!! Oh, and we need to lock in our plans for Christmas break.
Talk to you soon.
Much love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! You are back. :) I have checked faithfully to hear from you. :) I look forward to a chat when you get a chance, but I'm sure you have lots to catch up on. I love you, dear. Chau for now, Sarah

laura said...

hewro emery... i am so glad you have not given up on your blog. just wanted to let you know i'm thinking about you!
love, low-rah

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! did i finally harrass you enough that you'd write?

Anonymous said...

Emiline,
I did it, I checked your blog! I am continuing to count the days until I see you in person (I wish it was this weekend). I can see God at work in you Em, he is "workin it" bigtime and you have so many good things going for you. love you lots you little auntie you. Bekah

Anonymous said...

hello Emily . do you remember me, André ? from Brazil ..
how are you?

this is my web site.
www.andrewtetzner.multiply.com

bye Emily!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emmo,
Suz and I had an AWESOME time with you and Big D (does he hate that nickname that we call him all the time?) Thanks for a fun time, hopefully we can do it again soon!!
Kyle

Anonymous said...

just passing to say HellO.
Last week I called Laura B., but I forgot to ask your phone number...I hope you are doing well.
Write me an email and tell me you number then I´ll call you someday.
Bye-bye.

Unknown said...

em - oh, i do remember. quite clearly, thank you. for some reason, i could only find one strand of lights this year. and it didn't work. so, in the spirit of all things christmasy, i went out and bought a new one. (and is it just me, or does the word bought look really funny - odd, even - why would that be the past tense of "buy?") right. merry christmas friend - hope your time w/ family and loved ones is rich.

Unknown said...

em - i was sure i saw something on here... and then it was gone. a late night hallucination? who knows... i wait with breath, bated or not, as you like it...